Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Mother's Day thoughts

I rarely have trouble expressing my thoughts, but for my first Mother's Day, I'd like to use someone else's words. With the permission of our travel mates Chuck and Lynette Giacinto, I share these words from their beautiful song "I Promise."

"Know that when you close your eyes and sleep
I’ll blanket you with comfort in your dreams.
Softly speaking prayers of hope
And blessings through the night.
And when you wake you will find
That I’ve never left your side.
This I promise, to love you for all time."

I can't think of a better way to express my feelings for our beautiful, amazing, wonderful daughter, Rachel Shu-Ting. I listened to Chuck and Lynette's Lullabies CD during the many months we waited for our child, and now it often plays in her room as she sleeps.

"A love so pure, I can’t describe
How it is that God’s grace would shine
And filled this empty space with you tonight."

Wishing special blessings on those of you still waiting for your children, and happy mother's day to all.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is one of my favorite pictures. I also long the song. Happy Belated Mother's Day.
Love,
Kay

Anonymous said...

I hope your first Mother's Day was a wonderful one!

By the way, Rachel's so cute with her little purse; she's a girl after my own heart!