Tuesday, September 25, 2007

A big anniversary

A year ago today, on Lance's birthday, I nervously checked the internet early and discovered that we had been matched with a child. I can't even describe the excitement I felt as I headed off for work. Every time the phone rang, I jumped. Finally, about noon, I received THE CALL.

The next morning, we saw Rachel Shu-Ting's face for the first time. I had ordered a copy of her finding ad, and so we were able to read a little of her story. I still get chills thinking of those days.

We waited 14 months exactly from the day we were logged in until we received our referral. (It's worse for prospective parents now -- our social worker told me yesterday that they are telling new applicants that the wait could extend to THREE YEARS).

But even though our wait seemed to take forever, the last year has flown by.

Happy anniversary, Ting Ting. And happy birthday, Lance!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary!!!! I am so happy for you guys. Life sure is good. Please give Ting Ting a big hug from us.

RamblingMother said...

Happy referral day!!
Beverly