Tuesday, May 27, 2008

One reason we adore Dora

Too much gloom and doom here lately, so I'll tell you a story.

We were on board a flight to Nashville a couple of weeks ago and I broke out a new deck of "Go Fish" cards to amuse the 2-year-old.

"Eight!" Ting Ting said, holding up a card.

"That's right! That's an 8," I said. Then, looking for a way to keep the game interesting, I added, "Can you count the fish on that card?"

She bent her head down over the tray table and began saying something as she pointed to each fish, but it didn't sound like counting to me. I leaned closer just in time to hear her finish with "Siete, ocho!"

No, I didn't teach her to count in Spanish. Neither did her day care provider. Did you?

3 comments:

Dori's Mommy (Diana) said...

LOL!

Anonymous said...

Wow, what a smart cookie!

Dawn said...

Yep Dora taught EmmaLi how to count in Spanish and Little Einstein's taught her to count backwards from 5. Now if we can just convince her that eleventeen IS NOT a real number! LOL